I'm proud to announce the opening of California's 10th District Congressional Art Competition, starting on April 3, 2017!
Each spring, Members of the U.S. House of Representatives host a nation-wide high school art competition, offering a great opportunity to showcase the talent and creativity of our district's young artists. This year, all entrants will be considered for two contests:
Official Contest: The winner of the official competition will be determined by a panel of judges and will have their artwork hung as a representation of California's 10th Congressional District in the national exhibition located in the Cannon Tunnel of the United States Capitol.
"Valley Vote" Contest: All submissions will be posted here, on my website, and open to the public for the community to vote on their favorite. The winner of the "Valley Vote" contest, as determined by the entry with the most votes, will have their artwork hung in my DC office.
IMPORTANT DATES AND DEADLINES:
|April 3, 2017
||California's 10th Congressional Art Competition opens
||5 p.m. PST
||Submissions and forms are due to Rep. Denham's Modesto office
||Submissions are posted online for the "Valley Vote"
||"Valley Vote" closes
||6 p.m. PST
|| Reception for all participants; official and "Valley Vote" winners announced
Accepted mediums for submission to the competition are as follows:
- Paintings: oil, acrylic, watercolor, etc.
- Drawings: colored pencil, pencil, ink, maker, pastels, charcoal (it is recommended that charcoal and pastel drawings be fixed)
- Collages: must be two-dimensional
- Prints: lithogrpahs, silkscreen, block prints
- Mixed Media: use of more than two mediums such as pencil, ink, watercolor, etc.
- Computer-Generated Art
- Must be two-dimensional
- Must not measure more than 26 inches high x 26 inches wide x 4 inches deep, including the frame and may not weigh more than 15 pounds
- Must be original in concept, design and execution, and may not violate any U.S. copyright laws
- Must be submitted with release forms no later than 5 p.m. PST on Tuesday, April 25 to the Modesto office of Representative Jeff Denham: 4701 Sisk Road, Suite 202, Modesto, CA 95356
Please contact project coordinator, Kassi Fortado, at (209) 579-5458 if you have any questions.
Click here to access the student release form.
Click here to review the 2017 rules and regulations.
Visit the Congressional Art Competition website.