The American Health Care Act
The Affordable Care Act: Repeal & Replace
- I’ve heard from a lot of families that are very concerned about their health insurance, and I share your concerns. Nationwide premiums and deductibles are going up, people are denied access and have limited options for providers and physicians. You deserve better.
- California – particularly the Central Valley – is unique. The one-size-fits-all Washington approach doesn’t work, and the Affordable Care Act is a knot of tangled legislation filled with loopholes, taxes, cumbersome regulations, and uniform policies that cannot be undone. Its current path is unsustainable.
- All Americans should have access to affordable healthcare coverage and have a choice in the type of plan they pay for and the care they receive. We’re already taking steps towards a replacement plan, and I am an original cosponsor of legislation to ensure that individuals with preexisting conditions are not denied coverage.
- We also need to promote well-being through empowering individuals, reforming Medicaid and protecting and strengthening Medicare.
- My commitment to you is to engage in meaningful dialogue with constituents so that we can improve the quality, access and affordability of healthcare in America.
- This is a responsible step-by-step approach that will present Americans with multiple pieces of legislation to improve healthcare, rather than a single comprehensive and confusing 3,000-page bill that fails to deliver patient-centered results.
- I want to hear your ideas! If you live in California's 10th congressional district, please take my survey and let me know how we can improve healthcare: http://bit.ly/2leu6T1
If you have questions, concerns or comments, my staff at my DC office, (202) 225-4540, and Modesto office, (209) 579-5458, are happy to take your calls, and I can also be reached via email. I encourage you to connect with me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to my newsletter for a weekly overview of what projects I’m working on, who I’m meeting with, and other important news for the Central Valley.
Click here to download this information as a PDF (in English and Spanish).
Additional Healthcare Resources
Check back for more information as it becomes available. If you need assistance with a federal agency, or if you have a comment or question about healthcare issues, please contact me any time.