Denham Honored by National Senior Advocacy Group for Commitment to California’s Seniors
MODESTO, Calif. — U.S. Representative Jeff Denham (R-Turlock) was today presented with the “Summer 2013 Champion of Seniors Award" by The National Grange, a national, nonpartisan grassroots organization that advocates on behalf of America's rural seniors, for Rep. Denham’s outstanding leadership on behalf of seniors.
“Our seniors are often those most in need of our support,” said Rep. Denham. “I am honored to receive this award and will continue to work on behalf of our nation’s seniors to preserve critical programs like Medicare and Social Security for those who need them most.”
Criteria for the award included:
- Exhibiting outstanding leadership in Congress to protect Medicare, which is critical to millions of American seniors and their families.
- Opposing across the board cuts made by unelected boards.
- Ensuring access to affordable prescription medicines for seniors through the Medicare Part D program and opposing any efforts to implement price controls or similar measures that would lead to increases in premiums for seniors.
- Demonstrating a continued commitment to protect the doctor/patient relationship for seniors and opposing any efforts that might weaken it in any way.
- Preserving a vast selection of health care options for seniors so that they may choose the best plan for themselves and their families.
- Representing senior constituents with individual issues before government agencies so that they receive the benefits and services they have earned.
- Supporting government services and necessary funding for senior programs in the Representative’s district.
“Congressman Denham has exhibited outstanding leadership in Congress to protect Medicare and ensure access to affordable prescription medicines and health care choices for seniors,” said Grace Boatright, legislative director for The National Grange. “He has definitely earned this award and deserves our thanks.”
About The National Grange:
Established in 1867, The National Grange is the nation’s oldest nonprofit, nonpartisan rural advocacy organization that advocates and educates on behalf of America’s farmers, ranchers, and other rural Americans. More information available at www.nationalgrange.org