The following information is for Students. Please contact our office for assistance with any questions or problems you may have.
Our younger constituents are the future of our district and providing them information that can enhance their education is important to their development. Below are some resources that will be useful to kids.
In addition, there are resources for parents.
- Ben's Guide to U.S. Government for Kids: Kindergarten-2nd Grade
- Ben's Guide to U.S. Government for Kids: 3rd-5th Grade
- U.S. Census Bureau Fact Finder Kids Page
- CIA Kids Page (Kindergarten-5th Grade)
- EPA Drinking Water & Ground Water Kids' Stuff (Kindergarten-3rd Grade)
- EPA Drinking Water and Ground Water Kids' Stuff (4th-8th Grade)
- FBI Kids Page (Kindergarten-5th Grade)
- FEMA For Kids (Federal Emergency Management Agency)
- Gearing Up for a Great Trip (Federal Trade Commission)
- Kids In the House: Young Learners
- Kids In the House: Grade School
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office's Kids Pages (Kindergarten-6th Grade)
- Veteran Affairs Kids Page (Kindergarten-5th Grade)
- Congressional Page Program
Unfortunately, the United States House of Representatives Congressional Page Program has come to an end. After careful consideration, Speaker of the House John Boehner and Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi have decided to discontinue the 184 year-old program due to high costs and advancements in automation and technology that have reduced the need for services once provided by Pages. If you have any questions regarding the closure of the Page Program, please feel free to contact my Washington, D.C. staff at 202-225-4540.
To see the full press release issued by the Speaker’s Office, please click here.
- Ben's Guide to U.S. Government for Kids: 6th-8th Grade
- Ben's Guide to U.S. Government for Kids: 9th-12th Grade
- CIA Kids Page (6th-12th Grade)
- EPA Drinking Water & Ground Water Kids' Stuff (4th-8th Grade)
- EPA Drinking Water & Ground Water Kids' Stuff (9th-12th Grade)
- FBI Youth (6th-12th Grade)
- Kids In the House: Middle School
- Kids In the House: High School
- NCES Kids' Zone
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office's Kids Pages (6-12 Grade)
- Veteran Affairs Kids Page (6th-12th Grade)
- You Are Here - where kids learn to be smarter consumers (5-8 Grade)
- Internship Opportunities
An internship in my office provides a great opportunity for students to learn first-hand how our government works. Interns gain valuable knowledge and experience by having hands-on opportunity to learn about the legislative process, as well as the operations of a Congressional office.
- Military Academy Nominations
Young people who are genuinely interested in pursuing a career in the military service and who are looking to build a career foundation at one of our esteemed service academies are encouraged to open a file in the Congressional District office by sending a letter of interest.
- Student Financial Aid
Information is available to students to learn more about the process of locating and applying for financial aid.