Each spring, Members of the U.S. House of Representatives host a nation-wide high school art competition, offering a great opportunity to showcase the talent and creativity of our district's young artists. Check back here for details about the 2019 competition coming in March and see artwork from past winners below.
2018 Congressional Art Competition
Congratulations to Ezekiel Saldana, the 2018 winner of California's 10th District Congressional Art Competition for his piece "Cousins"! Additional congratulations to Makayla Archer and Jordan Prather, the second and third place winners for their pieces "Frog" and "The Future in Spheres" respectively.
Below are some general guidelines from the 2018 contest.
Accepted mediums for submission to the competition:
- Paintings: oil, acrylic, watercolor, etc.
- Drawings: colored pencil, pencil, ink, marker, pastels, charcoal (it is recommended that charcoal and pastel drawings be fixed)
- Collages: must be two-dimensional
- Prints: lithogrpahs, silkscreen, block prints
- Mixed Media: use of more than two mediums such as pencil, ink, watercolor, etc.
- Computer-Generated Art
- Must be two-dimensional
- Must not measure more than 26 inches high x 26 inches wide x 4 inches deep, including the frame and may not weigh more than 15 pounds
- Must be original in concept, design and execution, and may not violate any U.S. copyright laws
- Must be submitted with release forms and the artist profile form no later than 5 p.m. PST on Tuesday, April 17 to the Modesto office of Representative Jeff Denham: 4701 Sisk Road, Suite 202, Modesto, CA 95356
Please contact project coordinator, Alex Tolman, at (209) 579-5458 if you have any questions.
Click here to access the student release form.
Click here to access the artist profile form.
Click here to review the 2018 rules and regulations.
Visit the Congressional Art Competition website.