Home / constituent services / Help with a Federal Agency

If you can't get an answer from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, my office may be able to help.

Residents of the 10th Congressional District of California can contact me for assistance in dealing with federal agencies. In order to expedite your service, please complete either our general casework request form or immigration request form. These will generate a printable page that you should sign and mail to my office. While we cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome for all casework requests, we will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.

Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence, such as:

  • your Social Security number (for a case involving Social Security);
  • VA claim number (for a case involving the Department of Veterans' Affairs);
  • taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
  • your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary; and
  • copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved.

Important Note: The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case. We must have your signature to proceed with your request for assistance. By printing and mailing this form, we are able to process your request more quickly.